What NOT to Do When Hiring a Security Guard Company
There are common mistakes people make when hiring security guard companies.
To help you find the best security guard company for your budget, AVOID these mistakes at all costs.
- Mistake #1: Hiring without an Objective – Don’t try to hire security guards without clearly defining what you need them to do. It’s very important for you to have an idea of your objectives as well as your security needs.
- Mistake #2: Select Based on Lowest Prices – There’s an old saying, “The sweetness of savings is often replaced by the bitterness of poor quality and value.” Most security guard services are priced comparably…saving a quarter an hour on guard services now may prove more costly later.
- Mistake #3: Fail to Check References – Don’t be in a rush to hire the first security guard company through your door. Check their references, licensing and insurance information. A few minutes on the phone with a reference, and online researching credentials, can make all the difference.
- Mistake #4: Forget to Inspect Guards – It’s important to see who will be part of the security detail. You want to make sure the guards are professional and presentable for your retail establishment or event. Ask to see photos of the type of guards that will be protecting you.
- Mistake #5: Neglect to Ask about Backup – Security guards are going to get sick and sometimes quit. Does the company have guards ready to fill in for emergencies? Be sure to ask them about this.
If you avoid these five mistakes, you’ll find the perfect security guard company.
At National Security Service, we can help you find security guards for events, personal protection and retail stores no matter where you are located in the United States.
To find out more about us, visit GuardsToGo.com or call 888-386-4068.