Why Women Make Great Security Guards
There seems to be this stereotypical image when it comes to security guards. We typically think of security guards as big, strong men.
But did you know, that women are just as capable of being great security guards?
In the past two decades, women have made great strides in law enforcement and security. They’re just as responsible and effective as men.
According to a study by the Police Foundation, women…
- Achieve similar results when responding to violent crime situations.
- Are less likely to engage in unprofessional behavior.
- Have just as good of attendance records as men.
- Are respected just as much as men by citizens.
Additionally, women are just as good at developing and following security protocols. A recent study showed that women now make up a majority (48 percent) of the nation’s college students.
Women Security Guards
According to a study by the University of Minnesota, women also tend to be healthier and less sick because they eat better.
Whether you’re looking to hire in-house security guards or hiring from an outside security guard company, it doesn’t make sense to base your decision on gender. The important thing is to hire security guards that are:
- Properly trained
- Licensed and insured
If you’re looking for more tips on how to find a great security guard company, read other posts on the National Security Service Security Insights Blog. You’ll want to read:
- How to Hire the Right Security Guard Company for Your Business
- Why National Companies Should Hire a Nationwide Security Guard Company
For any questions about security guards, contact us at 888-364-4068 or visit www.GuardsToGo.com.